Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Akino Kondoh animation

In a previous post, you'll remember me talking about the exhibit at the MFA titled "Contemporary Outlook: Japan." I couldn't remember this artist's name at first, but I wanted to share with you the work of Akino Kondoho, who lives in Tokyo and shows with and is represented by the Mizuma Gallery. Part of her most recent work, "Ladybirds' Requiem," is on display at the MFA. There's something visceral about her work. I wasn't able to find much information aside from her work, so I'll let it speak for itself. I wish I could show you "Ladybirds' Requiem," but alas, it is not on Youtube yet.


"Densya Kamo Shirenai," animation, 2002


"I hear the beat of the night, vol.2," pencil and acrylic on gesso, mounted on board, 2005


"Braids," pencil and acrylic on gesso, mounted on board, 2005

1 comment:

Jenna Woginrich said...

that animation was on crystal mushrooms

 

www.eringriffiths.com